Let us help you!
Although we haven't seen it all, we've seen a lot. Through the combined years of experience our staff bring to the table, we at Hacker Nelson are well-equipped to assist you with whatever accounting-related services you may be searching for. Whether it be preparing a projection for next tax season or getting you started on the bookkeeping for your start-up business, let us know how we can help!
Have something specific in mind and you don't see it in our listed services below? Give us a call or stop in for a meeting and we'd be glad to see how we can assist you.
Our firm provides numerous tax services for businesses and individuals including:
- Federal and state income tax preparation
- Depreciation schedule preparation
- Tax return amending
- Tax return projections
- Trust and estate planning
- IRS representation
- Electronic filing (E-file) at no extra cost
An audit is the highest level of service that a CPA provides. An audit involves the examination of an entity's accounting records, which the CPA then expresses an opinion on as to the fair presentation of the firm's financial statements. This type of service is beneficial to third party users of the financial statements, such as lenders and stockholders, as well as the client. We have clients across various industries, including government, non-profit, and construction.
A review is an accounting service providing some assurance as to the reliability of financial data without the accountant conducting an examination in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
A compilation differs from a review and an audit as it is based upon client provided information and is used primarily for internal use. No assurance is expressed in a compilation.
We offer the following bookkeeping services to our clients:
- General journal/subsidiary ledger maintenance
- Check posting
- Bank statement reconciliation
- Periodic balance sheet and income statement preparation
Our firm can assist clients with payroll needs by:
- Calculating federal and state tax withholdings
- Tracking payroll records for monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting
- Processing payroll check and related reports
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports (social security and unemployment taxes, W-2's, etc.)
SOFTWARE SELECTION & INSTALLATION
Our firm offers personnel experienced in QuickBooks and Peachtree that can set up your company's chart of accounts and many other services such as:
- Software setup and training
- Payroll assistance
- Pre year-end planning and clean-up
- Ongoing system support and assistance with file management
We also perform agreed upon procedures as determined by the client or a third party including:
- Invoice vouching
- Statistical sampling of data
- Bank reconciliation verification
- Account confirmation
- Other tasks as requested